How to Join the
Seminole County Gun and Archery Association
1. Applications are accepted in the Administration Building on Public Day from 8:00 am until 8:45 am. Orientation starts at 9:00 am. in the Administration Building. If you arrive after 9:00 am you will NOT be allowed in the Orientation Class. The Orientation Class will take about 4 hours to complete. Applicants are required to provide their own Eye and Ear protection and one handgun with at least 50 rounds of ammunition. The handgun and ammunition are NOT permitted in the Administration Building, but should be locked in your car until the shooting portion of the Orientation. At the Orientation Class you will:
- Show proof of a current Concealed Weapons Permit or a receipt from a recent firearms purchase from a licensed FFL dealer showing a background check.
- A $50.00 non-refundable processing fee (cash or check only) is required when submitting the application. A one time Backstop and Berm assessment fee of $150.00 and a pro-rated Annual Membership fee of $200.00 are due upon completion of all membership requirements. You will receive your SCGAA ID Card at this time.
- Receive a copy of the Club Rules and Standard Operating Procedures.
- The new member will verify his or her proof of NRA membership with the Secretary and Vice President.
- The new member will have his picture taken for his or her membership ID card.
- Attend the Orientation Class, complete and pass a test on club SOP’s and Safety Rules.
- Receive a probationary membership card and membership number.
- Go to the firing line for a shooting session where targets are set up, range commands and safety procedures are experienced. You must demonstrate safe firearm handling and pass the shooting portion of the class.
- Take a short tour of the seven ranges. During this tour, you’ll learn about the safe and proper use of each range.
2. At the end of the Orientation Class, the applicant is now a probationary member.
3. The probationary member will receive a temporary identification card which will grant access to club meetings.
4. The probationary member will then attend one SCGAA meeting.
- Member meeting’s are held on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 P.M. at The Geneva Community Assn. 161 First St. Geneva Fl
- Probationary members do not have range privileges and may only attend the range as the guest of a member, or on Public Day.
5. After completion of these steps, the individual will have privileges as a full member of Seminole County Gun and Archery Association.
Congratulations, and welcome to the Seminole County Gun and Archery Association.
P.O. Box 2222
Sanford Florida 32772