Welcome to the Seminole County Gun and Archery Association
Public Day — the first Sunday of every month
8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Before attending Public Day, please make sure to read the following link.
MAKE SURE that every participant in your party knows and
understands the following rules and procedures.
SCGAA hosts a Public Day on the first Sunday of every month.
Public Day is free to all safe shooters and runs from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Self-supplied safety glasses and hearing protection must be worn by all participants.
Before attending Public Day, make sure to familiarize yourself and all others in your party
with the Public Day Range Rules, below…
NOTE: All visitors are responsible for understanding and practicing
the following safety regulations while on this Range.
If you have a question, please ask a Range Safety Officer.
- When moving a firearm anywhere on the range or when a firearm is not actively being used, it must be made safe: unloaded, action open (or blocked), and the magazine removed
- When moving with a firearm, keep it pointed straight up, unless it is made safe AND in a case
- Keep all firearms pointed down range while on the firing line
- Keep your finger off the trigger until your firearm is aimed at the target
- Do not go forward of the firing line until instructed to do so
- Do not handle any firearm or ammunition while anyone is down range
- After returning from target set-up, stand behind the red line and wait for further instruction from a Range Safety Officer
- Only one firearm per shooter is allowed on the firing line at a time.
- Juniors (age 17 and under) MUST be supervised by a non-shooting adult at ALL times
- Only slow fire is permitted, except on the PLINKING RANGE
- Quick draw firing is not permitted
- No holstered firearms permitted on Public Day from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- If you have a problem on the firing line, keep your firearm pointed downrange and raise your hand, a Range Safety Officer will be glad to help you
- Please clean up your brass and trash; deposit in the proper containers
- No one is allowed on the berms
- The speed limit is 15 mph on all range roads
- No photography of any type is permitted on Public Day between 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM unless prior approval is provided by the Board
- Remember: Safety is First, Last, and Always!